Python workshop for the Masters of Social Science Program.
This lesson is an introduction to programming in Python for people with little or no previous programming experience. It uses plotting as its motivating example. This lesson references the Jupyter Notebook, but can be taught using a regular Python interpreter as well. Please note that this lesson uses Python 3 rather than Python 2.
- Part 1 - 2017-11-14
- Part 2 - 2017-11-16
- Using the Jupyter Notebook for editing and running Python.
- Understanding variables and data types
- Creating and using lists, loops and conditional expressions
- Exploring built-in fuctions and libraries
- Reading, manipulating and plotting tabular data
- Writing functions
Audience: closed to MASS students.